Diversity plays a crucial role in shaping the success of firms and advisors. It’s through diversity that meaningful connections with clients and prospects can be established. Without it, establishing such connections becomes challenging.
In this episode, Ana Trujillo Limón, Director, Coaching and Advisor Content, speaks with Valerie Rivera, CFP®, Founder and Financial Planner, FirstGen Wealth, about diversity’s impact on the financial sector. Valerie shares her journey of founding her own firm with a mission to make financial planning readily accessible to diverse groups, focusing on assisting individuals who are forging the first generation of wealth in their families.
- What she’s working on during her ‘CEO week’ in Mexico
- Her first money memory working at a VHS tape shop as a teenager
- Her journey of founding her own firm dedicated to assisting those embarking on the first generation of wealth-building in their families
- The transformative impact of media exposure on her business and clients, showcasing the power of strategic visibility and communication.
- Invaluable insights into how she overcame the challenges that accompanied the launch of FirstGen Wealth.
- The meaningful relationships Valerie has cultivated on her path to becoming a successful business owner, emphasizing the importance of connections and collaboration.
- Her rapid-fire responses about the most impactful book she has recently read, the best advice she has ever received, and the greatest self-investment she has made
- And more
Connect with Ana Trujillo Limón:
Connect with Valerie Rivera:
About our Guest:
Valerie Rivera, CFP®, is a financial advisor and the founder of FirstGen Wealth. With over a decade of experience in financial services, Valerie noticed a lack of diversity in both advisors and clients. She believes the financial system widens the wealth gap, placing blame on individuals instead of corporations or government. Valerie’s mission is to break this cycle by empowering individuals, particularly those who are the first in their families, to achieve financial security and create generational wealth. She focuses on providing education and non-judgmental financial planning that transforms lives, ensuring clients feel confident and secure.
Carson Group is committed to advancing financial literacy. Our coaches work with thousands of FPA members. Schedule a consultation to learn how Carson can help you help your clients and grow your business.