Broadcast media is a powerful force in society. And with the advent of new technologies, it has become more accessible to everyone. Since the majority of people are not taught how to manage money growing up, what role can broadcast media play in educating people about their finances?
In today’s episode of the Framework, Jamie Hopkins and Ana Trujillo Limon talk with Ric Edelman, Founder at Edelman Financial Engines, New York Times Best-Selling Author, and Host of the Ric Edelman Show.
Combining his expertise in mass communication and financial planning, Ric has made a significant impact in the world of financial services. Having been in the industry for more than 36 years, he has a unique perspective on how the economy, markets, and investing methods have evolved over time.
Ric talks with Ana and Jamie about his contributions to the financial services industry, why advisors should be knowledgeable about digital assets, and what advice he offers to financial advisors who want to start their own businesses.
- Why growing up financially illiterate is a common phenomenon.
- What made Ric interested in financial planning.
- His contribution to promoting financial literacy.
- Ric’s key criteria for selecting a financial advisor.
- What to expect from his brand new media company.
- His advice to financial advisors who want to build their own business.
- The power of mass media in building a business.
- Why hiring people is one of the keys to growing your business.
- How Ric diversifies his assets.
- The reason behind the foundation of DACFP.
- Digital assets as the future of global commerce.
- Why knowledge of Bitcoin is a necessity for advisors.
“Don’t be a generalist. In today’s highly specialized world, be known as the narrow-focused expert in a given area.” – Ric Edelman
- Ric Edelman on LinkedIn
- Ric Edelman on Twitter
- Edelman Financial Engines
- Jean Edelman
- The Squirrel Manifesto
- The Truth About Money
- Public Broadcasting Service (PBS)
- Warburg Pincus
- Singularity University
- Ray Kurzweil
- Digital Assets Council of Financial Professionals (DACFP)
- The Truth About Crypto