How important are networking and fundraising skills in the financial services industry? Today’s guest, Mac Gardner, CFP®, started Mu Nu Upsilon with those skills as his guiding principles.
In this episode, Jamie Hopkins, Managing Partner of Wealth Solutions, and Ana Trujillo Limón, Director, Coaching and Advisor Content, are joined by Mac Gardner, Founder and CEO at FinLit Tech, to discuss his involvement in the financial industry and his work with the fraternity MNY Upsilon. Mac shares his first money memories and meaningful purchases, highlighting the importance of financial conversations and responsibility. He explains how he founded MNY to provide a community and guidance for students interested in financial planning. Mac discusses the fraternity’s guiding principles of education, networking, and fundraising, emphasizing the need for students to develop networking and fundraising skills in the finance industry. He also talks about the fraternity’s goals, including supporting students and collaborating with universities and industry professionals.
- What inspired him to start the Mu Nu Upsilon Fraternity (MNY)
- Mu Nu Upsilon’s mission to support students interested in financial planning and promote diversity and inclusion in the industry
- What MNY’s guiding principles, education, networking, and fundraising, mean
- Why networking and fundraising skills are so important to develop in the financial services industry
- The various impact areas that the MNY fraternity aims to be involved in, including supporting students and institutions, mentoring professionals, and collaborating with support organizations
- His belief in giving back and creating platforms for financial education and literacy
- How he takes care of his mental health as an entrepreneur and creator
- His perspective on freedom and the importance of being able to live with the consequences of one’s actions
- And more
- Mu Nu Upsilon Fraternity (MNY)
- George Nichols III: Life Insurance and the Power of Financial Literacy
- The Four Money Bears
- YouTube: Motivate Your Money!
- Motivate Your Money!: Plan Spend Save Invest Gift by Mac Gardner
Connect with Jamie Hopkins and Ana Trujillo Limón:
Connect with Mac Gardner:
About our Guest:
Mac Gardner, CFP®, is the Founder and Chief Education Officer of FinLit Tech. Mac has served in the Financial Services industry for over 20 years. His passion for educating others led him to publish two books, “Motivate Your Money!” and “The Four Money Bears”. As the Founder and Chief Education Officer of FinLit Tech, he works to build a bridge between Financial Literacy and Financial Technology.
Carson Group is committed to advancing financial literacy. Our coaches work with thousands of FPA members. Schedule a consultation to learn how Carson can help you help your clients and grow your business.