On today’s episode of Framework, Jamie chats with Ksenia Yudina, CEO and founder of UNest.
Growing up in Russia, Ksenia had a pre-planned path: to study and to eventually work for her parent’s company. However, Ksenia had something else in mind and she wanted to be self-sufficient and independent. Once she moved to the US, she immediately got a degree, a CFA designation, and made a name for herself.
Ksenia has more than a decade of experience and expertise in the financial industry. And her brainchild, UNest, is one of the fastest-growing fintech apps, helping parents save for their kids’ future.
Ksenia talks with Jamie about how fintech opens up financial opportunities for low-income households, the challenges of fundraising, and what it’s like for female founders to pitch to a room full of men.
(21:09) “Financial technology is taking over and making things simple, efficient, affordable, and accessible for the new generation of people. However, nothing really exists that would solve this long goal for parents who would like to save for the kids’ future.” ~ Ksenia Yudina
- 70 percent of people in the US don’t know how they can benefit from UTMAs and 529s. Using fintech to extend financial aid, especially to low- to mid-income families, can be game-changing.
- Everyone, regardless of income and economic background, should have access to financial advice and to outlets that will allow them to save and invest for their kids’ future.
- Female CEOs only get 2 percent of venture capital. Raising funds can be tough, so establish business relationships and be visible in the community.
- There is no one-size-fits-all when writing a business plan. It pays to know the direction of your business first, tweak the plan as you go, and to hit milestones one by one.
Links and Important Mentions
- Ksenia Yudina on LinkedIn
- California State University Northridge
- UCLA Anderson
- Capital Group
- JP Morgan
- Disney Plus
Transform the Way You Grow Your Firm at Excell 2021
Whether you’re just starting in the industry or you manage a billion-dollar firm, Excell 2021 is for you. As one of the largest conferences in the industry, we have a full slate of development opportunities for you and your entire team. Hear from Carson Founder and CEO Ron Carson, best-selling author John DiJulius, Nerd’s Eye View’s Michael Kitces, Framework Host Jamie Hopkins, and plenty more.
Join us October 12-14, 2021, in Las Vegas, or register for our digital-only conference. Register today at https://excellconference.com.