On today’s episode of Framework, Jamie talks with Dr. Nii Darko, a trauma surgeon and the host of Docs Outside the Box Podcast.
Dr. Nii Darko has always been a visionary and a larger-than-life kind of person. From watching doctor shows when he was a kid to being a board-certified general surgeon, Dr. Nii has been inspiring other healthcare practitioners to dream bigger not just for themselves, but for the profession and others as well.
Dr. Nii talks with Jamie about how he faced (and continues to face) challenges as a doctor, how he is intentional with life, and challenges facing the health industry.
“You really have to be intentional with your life. When you graduate and you become a physician, that’s great. If you’re not going to be intentional, they’re going to tell you what to do. If you’re not taking action to make sure you have an impact on your family and in society, then you’re going to have regrets.” ~ Dr. Nii Darko
- Pay off personal debts and loans as fast as possible. Loans take up so much space in your budget—and your mind. It’s easy to leave a job you dislike when you have the money; it’s easy to move or buy a house when you’re financially stable.
- Be intentional with your life. A private doctor can only do so much inside the institution. Much of Nii’s sense of purpose comes from philanthropy and helping those in need.
- Health practitioners must use their voices to improve the healthcare industry. Some people see it only as a business when it’s so much more than that.
Links and Important Mentions
- Dr. Nii Darko Official Website
- Dr. Nii on LinkedIn
- Dr. Nii on Instagram
- Dr. Nii on Twitter
- Docs Outside the Box Podcast
- Scrubs (TV Show)
- The Cosby Show
- SoFi Money
- Tested in the Trenches: A 9-Step Plan for Building and Sustaining a Million-Dollar Financial Services Practice by Ron Carson
- Ten Days to Podcasting Course by Dr. Nii Darko
Transform the Way You Grow Your Firm at Excell 2021
Whether you’re just starting in the industry or you manage a billion-dollar firm, Excell 2021 is for you. As one of the largest conferences in the industry, we have a full slate of development opportunities for you and your entire team. Hear from Carson Founder and CEO Ron Carson, best-selling author John DiJulius, Nerd’s Eye View’s Michael Kitces, Framework Host Jamie Hopkins, and plenty more.
Join us October 12-14, 2021, in Las Vegas, or register for our digital-only conference. Register today at https://excellconference.com.