How can adversity lead to success?
In this episode, Jamie Hopkins, Managing Partner of Wealth Solutions, and Odaro Aisueni, Wealth Planning Administrator, speak with Austin Hatch, Inspirational Speaker at Overcome It, LLC, about his incredible story of survival and resilience. Through his experiences, Austin highlights the importance of setting goals, being a great teammate, and finding ways to add value. He also reflects on the transformative power of becoming a father and how it has shifted his goals and priorities.
- His story of resilience from surviving 2 plane crashes
- What a holistic view of success looks like
- How sharing his life experiences helps others overcome adversity and turn negatives into positives
- The impact of becoming a father on his goals and mentality
- The importance of setting goals, making small commitments, and holding yourself accountable to achieve success
- Why empathy and the ability to see things from different perspectives is so important
- What freedom means to him
- And more
- Old Man and the Three with JJ Redick
- The Last Dance Docu-Series
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Psychology of Money by Morgan Housel
- Find Your Freedom by Jamie Hopkins
Connect with Jamie Hopkins and Odaro Aisueni:
Connect with Austin Hatch:
About our Guest:
In the first 28 years of Austin Hatch’s life, he survived two plane crashes that tragically claimed the lives of his entire immediate family. The second crash occurred just nine days after he accepted a scholarship to play basketball for Michigan. When he came out of a two-month-long coma after the second plane crash, Austin had to relearn how to walk, talk, and live a normal life. The road to recovery was tough, but thanks to an incredible team of doctors, nurses, therapists, his family and friends, and Coach Beilein’s incredible integrity, he was blessed to be a part of the team at Michigan for four years. Austin is now a full-time motivational speaker with a message about Grit & Thriving in the midst of adversity. We all face challenges every day. He believes part of his purpose in life is to help others find ways to thrive.
Carson Group is committed to advancing financial literacy. Our coaches work with thousands of FPA members. Schedule a consultation to learn how Carson can help you help your clients and grow your business.