On today’s episode of Framework, Jamie chats with Arlene Moss, Executive Business Coach at XY Planning Network.
Before working with XY, Arlene had forays into marketing, sales, and programming. Executive business coaching was a natural evolution that allowed her to roll up all of her skills and experience for the benefit of her clients. Arlene finds fulfillment in helping financial planners find solutions for their clients and watching them prosper.
Arlene talks with Jamie about what a sustainable work schedule looks like, how to avoid the pitfalls of scaling your business, and how the fee-based and commissions-only discourse can be handled effectively.
“I want people to find their answer. But then again, there are certain elements when you’re hyper-focused in the industry and even in a little corner of the industry that makes it silly for them to waste their time finding the answer, when you’re like, ‘Here’s the answer.’” ~ @ArleneDMoss
- Overwork puts a stop to productivity and high performance. Set expectations and respect each other’s schedules.
- The fee-based vs commissions-only debate goes on. However, compliance and transparency should always be at the center of the discourse rather than profits.
- It’s easier to achieve longevity when scaling up a business if we accept that we can’t please everyone. Always pay attention to your business mission and provide unmatched service to your clients.
Links and Important Mentions
- Arlene Moss on Twitter
- Arlene Moss on LinkedIn
- XY Planning Network
- Uchenna Ethiopian Restaurant
- Michigan State University
- College of Charleston
- Dr. Daniel Crosby
- Alan Moore
- Microsoft Teams
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- American Bankers Association (ABA)
- Alliance of Comprehensive Planners (ACP)
Get Your Free Blueprinting Guide
The first step to setting up the framework of your business is to have the right blueprint. But knowing what goes into that blueprint is half of the battle. We put together a free resource that you can use to set your firm down the right path.
Go to CarsonGroupCoaching.com to get your free blueprinting guide.